Franchising offers a lot of opportunities for the prospective franchisees. It offers franchise support system to equip the franchisees with deep business knowledge, best guide, and skills needed to achieve franchise profitability and success. One very significant point you should know as a prospective franchisee is the kind of support system you are entitled to receive from your target franchise company. There are big and small franchise opportunities available each of which promises great start-up and long-term support levels. Your success as a franchisee is partly based upon the depth of business knowledge you can obtain and the franchise support system to guide you along the way.
A good franchise opportunity will provide you with a full support level to enable you to achieve your goal. As a pizza hut franchise owner, here are some important points that could best help you to appraise the franchise support system of your chosen franchise company:
- Consider the start-up system and the long-term support. The start-up system constitutes the help of the franchise in site selection, lease negotiation, equipment and furniture set-up, and hiring of initial employees. During the initial training, you have to be aware of the training locations, duration and objectives as well. After the initial training, you should know if there are still more training sessions to be given for you and your employees to undergo. Find out if the franchise company hosts annual meetings or teleconference sessions as these enable you to acquire relevant information, training and networking with your fellow franchisees.
- Examine the marketing and advertising program. Be able to know the franchise company programs for lead generation and assess if they are indeed worthwhile. Evaluate the franchisor's contribution to your marketing efforts and determine the possible result. It is also important that you know of the current major competitors in your locality for you to figure out your competitive advantages.
- Find out if the franchise company has financing program package for you to avail of. This assistance is very important for you to cope up with your initial and future financial needs as you start operating the business.
- Check the management and staff of the franchise company. You need the experience, expertise, skills, and guidance of the franchise executives with the key staff in running the business successfully. Find out for yourself if you are comfortable in dealing with them and how approachable, available and helpful are they to you.
- Look into the business operations system. The franchise company should be supportive and concerned about you as a franchisee and your business operations. There must be a strong back office support staff that could help you in maximizing profitability, budgeting, and forecasting.
These are just but some of the important things you should take note of when you appraise the franchise support that your franchise company offers. This is a very significant factor in the attainment of your objective to gain franchise profitability and success in addition to your best preparation among other important factors that are known to contribute highly towards the achievement of your goal.